- Due to the possibility of wrong price data, you should ignore Tobacco, Slaves and Imperial Slaves!
- Starting in a High Tech system gives you a very good chance of a profitable route!
- It is recommended to have a Max Hop Distance of at least 40ly to ensure a successful result.
- If you select a target system, the route finder will try to approach that target. It is very inlikely that it ends directly in the system you wanna go. Instead the route will most likely stop pretty close to your target.
This route finder is not actually calculating all possible route combinations. It is more a guessing system which works like this:
- Find a commodity in your station or system with a very low buy price.
- Find another station with a high sell price for that commodity.
- Find another commodity in that station which is very cheap again.
A very good station is where you sell high and buy low. Finding such a station gives me no information about the next hop. But chances are very good that it works out.
Sometimes though, the algorithm hits a dead end or finds some low profit hops. In that case you should enable the fuzzy mode. It adds some randomness in the calculation, which may or may not increase your total profit.
Eventually, the Multi Hop Finder will give you a way better total profit than the Single Hop Finder. The Single Finder may find specific hops which give a better profit, but the selling station might not offer good buying opportunities, which lets you get less profit in the end.